Sunday 5 February 2012

Mr Darwin.



Bit of an odd post, but I think its interesting, so going to share it:


(Look HERE to see the article of the odd foods, that Charles Darwin ate)...He ate a BITTEN and many other animals, it is said that his love for exotic meats, resulted in the extinction of a particular spices of giant tortoise. On HMS Beagle he had took too many onboard and they ate them, the intention was to take them home for study, I thought.

I added this to my research because it was a bit surprising of his contribution to extinction of some creatures. 

Charles Darwin also ate an owl, that "tasted fowl!" - note, don't eat owls. 


Was going to use the influence of Darwin's ways and create an interesting recipe book. Mainly focusing on the birds, for the ghosts of gone birds project. 

HOWEVER

I have chosen to create 'Crests' that show the reasons of the birds extinction. Maybe I could create one for Darwin. 

1 comment:

  1. Katie. At the meeting today Jordan had a book about owls,folklore, superstitions and myths but apart form the brilliant linocuts it also had recipes. I think you should revisit it your recipe idea along with the crests. Like pie branding!!

    ReplyDelete